ChefConf 2017, May 22-24 in Austin, TX is the place to be for the DevOps community! As an attendee, you’ll join a very engaged group of practitioners interested in learning and sharing all things automation and DevOps. On the first day of the conference we are offering a variety of workshops that will provide hands-on learning opportunities. These workshops, delivered by Chef experts, are offered exclusively to ChefConf attendees and will deepen and strengthen your Chef skills.
As DevOps adoption continues to rise, the value of Chef capabilities is also dramatically increasing. A recent Dice Technology Salary Survey rates Chef skills among the top ten worldwide, commanding a salary of more than $130,000 annually.
Workshops at ChefConf
We have learning tracks for all levels of Chef users – Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. Start your conference with a workshop that will help you learn the skills and techniques you need to increase your Chef expertise and advance your career.
These workshops are designed to help those new to Chef and new to DevOps. The primary prerequisite is a willingness to learn.
- Chef Essentials – Local Cookbook Development
- Compliance as Code with InSpec
- Chef Automate Workflow
- User Story Mapping with Jeff Patton
- Automation Tools Bootcamp
- Managing DevOps Teams (new rules for radical management)
Designed to support the continued learning of Chefs who have a year or more experience working with Chef and/or have taken the Chef Essentials training.
- Extending Cookbooks – Custom Resources & Ohai Plugins
- Operating Chef Automate
- Zero to Application Automation with Habitat
- Making Windows Work For You
- AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate Bootcamp
Designed for those with an expert level knowledge of Chef and infrastructure automation.
- Elegant Tests
A detailed description for each workshop is here. Many of these workshops will sell out quickly so I encourage you to sign up soon.
Chef Certification at ChefConf
In addition to the workshops, the Chef training team is offering free Chef certification exams for conference attendees. When registering for the conference, be sure to check the box indicating your interest in certification exams. A member of our team will reach out with information to help you plan for a successful certification experience at the conference.
- Register for ChefConf by March 31 to receive the Early Bird rate of $995
- Add on the workshop of your choice during your ChefConf registration process
- Check the box indicating interest in certification exams
- Need help convincing your manager about the value of advancing your Chef skills and obtaining Chef certification in May? Check out the conference justification letter.