We’re pleased to announce that Chef Server 12.1.0 RC3 is now available for download. RC3 is the follow-up to RC1, which we announced on May 28th.
### What’s New Since RC1
* **Erlang 17:** We’ve upgraded the Erlang distribution that we ship with the Chef Server to Erlang 17.5
* **Solr Upgrade Fixes:** We’ve fixed an issue that prevented Chef Server from running the latest version of Solr after an upgrade. If you upgraded from a previous version, you would continue to run the version of Solr that shipped with that Chef Server.
* **Actions Messages Password Filtering:** The Chef Server now filters out password information before sending data off to the Chef Analytics queue.
### What happened to RC2
We had to skip RC2 for this release because it encountered a failure during the build and release process. Remediations were made to the process and the version was bumped to RC3 accordingly. RC3 is the follow-up release to RC1.
### Where Can I Download It
Release Candidate builds of the Chef Server can be downloaded from the Packagecloud current repository. The direct links to the build are:
* EL5: https://packagecloud.io/chef/current/packages/el/5/chef-server-core-12.1.0~rc.3-1.el5.x86_64.rpm
* EL6: https://packagecloud.io/chef/current/packages/el/6/chef-server-core-12.1.0~rc.3-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
* EL7: https://packagecloud.io/chef/current/packages/el/7/chef-server-core-12.1.0~rc.3-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
* Ubuntu Lucid: https://packagecloud.io/chef/current/packages/ubuntu/lucid/chef-server-core\_12.1.0~rc.3-1\_amd64.deb
* Ubuntu Precise: https://packagecloud.io/chef/current/packages/ubuntu/precise/chef-server-core\_12.1.0~rc.3-1\_amd64.deb
* Ubuntu Trusty: https://packagecloud.io/chef/current/packages/ubuntu/trusty/chef-server-core\_12.1.0~rc.3-1\_amd64.deb