The Learn Chef team has some news to share! In only four months since we launched the new learning site for Chef practitioners we’ve reached an awesome milestone – over 10,000 users have created a Learn Chef Rally account to track their learning progress.
To help us celebrate, head on over to Learn Chef Rally and claim your limited-edition Food Fight badge.To earn the Food Fight badge, all you need to do is sign in to or create your Learn Chef Rally account and complete one module. But don’t wait too long to claim yours — this badge will only be available through October 6th, 2017.
For the next two weeks, we’re also randomly selecting Learn Chef Rally users to receive a small token of appreciation. You’re automatically entered to win once you’ve earned your Food Fight badge.
We think Learn Chef Rally is a great place to learn about Chef and DevOps, but don’t take our word for it. Look what others are saying:
“Learn Chef Rally is the single fastest way to get working with Chef. The content is up to date and structured to build on skills learned in previous modules.” – Creighton Medley
“I really enjoyed the Local Development and Testing Track. It had a great mix of practical cookbook refactoring examples along with entertaining webinars on cookbook development best practices.” – Andy Regan
“The modules I found most useful were the two compliance and extending chef. I have referred many members of my team to various modules to help them develop their skills. It is also good preparation along with a few other sources for the chef certification exams.” – John Vossler
“I would definitely recommend Learn Chef Rally to anyone that is thinking of starting the DevOps journey or anyone that would just like to get an idea of you can quickly and efficiently automate plenty of common infrastructure and compliance tasks.” – Stefan De Kock
“Learn Chef Rally has helped me improve myself and reach my goals, making achieving my daily tasks easier and pushing me to learn something new as well.” – Andrius Cechavicius
Learn Chef Rally is proving to be a great resource across the globe. Our data shows that 60% of users are learning from outside of the United States. Awesome!
Popular Tracks and Badges
To date, the Chef community has completed nearly 12,000 modules and received almost 4,000 badges for track completions. Way to go!
The most popular tracks so far include:
- Getting Started: In this module you’ll learn how to get started, what to do first, and where to go next.
- Infrastructure Automation: Discover how Chef’s test and repair approach enables you to turn infrastructure into code and serve it up quickly.
- Demos and Quickstarts: Our pre-configured, ready-to-go environments will help you explore how Chef works in minutes.
- Developer Essentials: Get hands-on with the tools needed to write, store, and test code in a collaborative DevOps environment.
- Local Development and Testing: See how to find errors in your cookbooks by testing them on your local machine. Learn to set up a virtual environment, develop code, and use every tool in the kitchen to ensure everything works.
Head on over to Learn Chef Rally where you’ll find 14 tracks and 55 modules to support your learning journey with much more coming soon. Currently, we’re working on adding content specific to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure as well as modules to support learning Habitat. Have suggestions for additional modules or tracks? Send your ideas to email@example.com and we’ll put it on our roadmap.
Thank you for using Learn Chef Rally!