It’s time for another Opscode Webcast!
- Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010
- Time: 1:45 PM Pacific
- Presenter: Seth Chisamore (@schisamo)
This webcast will assume the audience has signed up for the Opscode Platform and followed the getting started guide.
Knife is Chef’s powerful command-line utility used for interacting directly with the Opscode Platform’s RESTful API. Join us as we take a tour of Knife’s major sub-commands and dive into some of it’s lesser known power-user commands. Some topics we’ll cover include:
- An overview of all major Knife sub-commands
- Knife’s support for provisioning and bootstrapping of cloud and non-cloud servers (bootstrap only)
- Using Knife to download and track community cookbooks from cookbooks.opscode.com
- Leveraging Knife to issue parallel commands across your entire infrastructure – including interactive and tmux modes
- The power Ruby brings to Knife’s configuration file