Hello Chefs! It is time for the ChefConf 2020 CFP! It’s time to tell the Chef Community what you’ve been up to with Chef’s projects, DevOps, and other stuff folks like you find interesting. Check out our earlier post for some tips.
ChefConf is all about the Chef Community and the benefits organizations accrue from automating their IT processes with Chef Infra, Chef InSpec, and Chef Habitat. Plus all the other goodies that live in the Chef ecosystem like Test Kitchen, Cookstyle, Cookbooks, Core Plans, and InSpec Profiles that make our tools so powerful.
Not sure what to submit? We’ll have more posts digging into some specific suggestions over the next couple of weeks, but some popular topics from prior ChefConfs include:
- Whatever you’re doing with Chef’s main projects Chef Infra, Chef Habitat, and Chef InSpec. ChefConf’s audience will be folks who are new to Chef and automation, folks who have been around for a while, folks who have worked with the products and folks who haven’t, so we try to have a bit of something for everyone no matter their experience level.
- Workflows and integrations with other tools. Tell us about your workflow for developing, testing, publishing, and maintaining your automation code.
- Building and migrating to cloud environments. The Chef Community uses all kinds of operating systems and cloud environments. Tell us what you’re using and what you’ve learned in the process. Brought your heritage/vintage/legacy apps to the new world of cloud? Share that too.
- Monoliths vs microservices. Has Chef Habitat or Chef Infra helped you deconstruct monoliths into microservices? You know we want to hear about that.
- This DevOps thing. DevOps as a term has been around for a decade, but everyone is still learning from all the experiences that come with modernizing IT practices. Do you call it DevOps? Have you used to make changes in other parts of your organization? Have you adopted an SRE model or other methods?
- All speakers must adhere to the Chef Community Code of Conduct.
- ChefConf 2020 will be in Seattle, WA, USA, June 1-4. All breakout sessions will run on either Tuesday June 2 or Wednesday June 3. ChefConf will be at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Seattle.
- ChefConf London 2020 will be in London, UK, June 15-17. All breakout sessions will be in the afternoons on Tuesday, June 16 and Wednesday, June 17. ChefConf London will be held in the St. Paul’s area of central London.
- Breakouts are 45 minutes, including Q&A.
- All breakout speakers receive a full conference pass to the ChefConf at which they are speaking. These tickets include all evening activities and food and beverage on the conference days. Speakers for Seattle may also choose to attend the Community Summit on Monday, June 1, or the Hack Day on Thursday, June 4. Workshops are an extra charge.
- All speakers are invited to work with our amazing speaker coach, on us! We will have schedules posted for group sessions and individual time can also be scheduled. This is an excellent benefit for new speakers to work with a professional coach and level up their presentations.
- Breakouts may have one or two presenters. If you would like to submit a panel session, please reach out to email@example.com as we have limited space for panels.
- The CFP is open to anyone who wishes to submit. We encourage our entire community, customers, and #ChefFriends, whether new to speaking or old hats, to submit their sessions for ChefConf. Chef does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, veteran status, religion, or immigration status.
Important CFP Dates:
- December 20, 2019 – CFP opens!
- January 31, 2020 – CFP closes
- The reviewer team will be working on a rolling basis
- All speakers notified by February 21
Stay tuned for more information about registration, content, special events, and all kinds of other great ChefConf stuff. Join our Community Slack and the #chefconf2020 channel if you have any questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org! We’ll see you in Seattle or London!