We’ve just released Chef 11.18.0. This release includes the following changes:
* Fix an issue where knife could load commands from a different
version of chef in ChefDK. [ChefDK #227](https://github.com/opscode/chef-dk/issues/227)
* Removed dependencies on the ‘json’ gem, replaced with ffi-yajl. Use Chef::JSONCompat library for parsing and printing.
* [Issue 2027](https://github.com/opscode/chef/issues/2027) Allow recipe using `dsc_script` opportunity to install Powershell 4 or higher
* [Issue 2169](https://github.com/opscode/chef/issues/2169) Attempt to converge DSC configurations with resources that do not correctly support what-if
* [**Seth Vargo**](https://github.com/sethvargo)
[Issue 2345](https://github.com/opscode/chef/issues/2345) Allow knife to install cookbooks with metadata.json
## How to get it?
You can visit our download page.
Additionally you can use this command to download the latest version of the Chef Client on platforms other than windows:
curl -L https://www.chef.io/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s -\- -v 11.18.0
For Windows, you can download this version using this link: [Chef Client 11.18.0](https://opscode-omnibus-packages.s3.amazonaws.com/windows/2008r2/x86_64/chef-windows-11.18.0-1.windows.msi)
## Important Links
* Chef Mailing Lists: [chef](http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/info/chef) and [chef-dev](http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/info/chef-dev)
* File a new Chef Client issue on [GitHub Issues](http://www.github.com/opscode/chef/issues/new)