Configuration management, automation and monitoring are a compelling combination. This session will explore the new Zenoss Core cookbook for Chef. The presentation will walk through cookbook and discuss the inner workings, while providing a live demonstration of a Zenoss server being deployed and automatically monitoring Chef-managed nodes.
- Registration: Opscode Webex http://bit.ly/h4xbK4
- Date: Thursday, January 13, 2011
- Time: 10:00 AM PST, 18:00 GMT. Expect about 1 hour for the walk-through and 15 minutes for the Q&A.
- Presenter: Matt Ray (@mattray)
During the presentation we will:
- bootstrap a number of servers and connect them to the Opscode Platform
- deploy and configure a Zenoss server automatically, customized for our environment and preferences
- add new nodes to our environment and start monitoring them automatically
- explore the functionality of the cookbook and how the various aspects are supported
- discuss a number of Chef features that enable this dynamic deployment
- see real results quickly
- discuss potential future enhancements
- answer any questions regarding Chef and/or Zenoss Core.
All this in about an hour! Source for the cookbook is available from Matt Ray’s GitHub repository. While the cookbook is still under development, it currently provides a very usable set of functionality.